FAS admin - ICC
LOCATION: Kabul, AFG
SALARY: Negotiable daily rate
CLEARANCE: NATO Secret
STARTING DATE: November 2019
• Ensure, monitor and review proper server and workstation installation, configuration and operation
• Conducts system administration for the operating system(s) for their assigned FAS(s). Note that servers may be physical or virtual. • Provide 2nd level support function for maintenance support and rectification of incidents and problems of their assigned FAS
• Performs FAS backups of operational systems and data
• Escalate incidents to the 2nd level enterprise support or 3rd level support and follow-up on their status using the dedicated IT Service Management tools and procedures
• Perform authorised software changes, following established procedures for quality, configuration control, testing, documentation and security
• Ensure proper configuration and operation of assigned FAS system(s)
• Performs user and interoperability testing for assigned FAS system(s)
• Provides mentoring to support/operational staff with less experience
• Synchronisation and replication of databases as required • User data migration as required
• Administers any database required for assigned FAS system(s)
• Develops and conducts database maintenance practices/planning to include availability, performance, resilience, sizing, capacity, housekeeping, backups/storage strategy required
• Monitors usage, collects key performance indicators, generates reports, identifies and manages database security issues
• Conducts compatibility testing to ensure that changes to the supporting environment (e.g. GPOs, .NET, Java etc.) do not have an adverse impact on the assigned FAS
• User acceptance testing as required
• Produces scripts and queries to support operations
• Provides cover/support for/to other FAS Administrators in time of absence or high tempo operations
• A University Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or related discipline, and 4 years IT-related experience; Or A Higher Secondary education and completed advanced vocational training in that discipline leading to a professional qualification or professional accreditation with 4 years post related experience.
• At least 3 years’ recent experience administering ICC in an operational environment
• Recent administration (2 or more years) of NIRIS in an operational environment
• Including experience with: o Oracle Solaris 10 or later
o Apache Tomcat/Cupid web services c
o Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
o Testing of software applications.
o Practical experience with Oracle Relational Database Management System o Knowledge of Tactical Data Link formats
• At least two years’ experience with an IT service management tool • Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, be able to work within a team environment comprised of civilian and military staff
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with and capable of making effective use of the Microsoft Office toolset.
• Fluent spoken and written English (3/3/3/3
• Knowledge of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) concepts, ITIL experience highly desirable.
• Experience in the administration and support of other NATO FAS
• 2 years’ experience with Service Desk Expres