Cyber Security Engineer
SALARY: Negotiable daily rate
STARTING DATE: ASAP
• Maintain, update and operate the intrusion detection tools.
• Maintain, update and operate the SIEM (Security Incident and Event Management) tool.
• To document any changes to the Security Operations Centre CI, according to MUAC documentation standards.
• Research, develop, and keep abreast of tools, techniques, and process improvements in support of security detection and analysis in accordance with current and emerging threat and attack vectors.
• Perform Cyber security incident analysis, such as malware analysis, in support of the security incident response process, provide recommendations and report on the findings.
• Generate the quarterly Security Operations Centre report.
• Act as a backup for the IT security officer (ensure continuity).
• Perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job (e.g. risk assessments, security archi-tecture support, etc…)
• 3+ years of experience in cyber security engineering with hands-on working knowledge of information security
• Expert knowledge of TCP/IP
• Expert knowledge of general networking & security concepts/architectures (Switching/fire-walls/VPN/IDS/SIEM)
• Expert knowledge of Linux operating system
• Working knowledge of Windows system administration
• Working knowledge of SPLUNK is considered a plus
• Practical expertise of scripting (python/bash/regular expressions)
• Practical expertise on architecting, configuring and maintaining open source intrusion detection soft-ware(SNORT/SURICATA/BRO)
• Practical expertise on dealing with Cyber security incidents, including malware analysis